Tuesday, October 1, 2013

"LIVE IN' experience

This post is gonna be so interesting since it tells about my experience living in the small village named Sadang, located around East Java. The journey from my school (Jakarta) to Sadang took approximately 12 hours by bus. It was soooooo tiring. Should be faster when we use airplane but because the region is so small and far from the nearest airport, and also maybe the school's policy.... we used bus.

It is a part of the school's curriculum for us to experience this so called "Live In". We are being separated in groups of 2 people and each being left in a local resident's house there for 4 days. We need to help them, act as a part of their family and also experience the feel of living in poor, and in a very simple and traditional house. It was a very fun experience actually.... And I did get along with my household which is an old woman and she is very nice.



So first of all this is the house we stayed in. Located deep inside a small road and up in the hill.
When we go outside from the house, we will find a small and quite steep road.


This is the inside of the house... My house is considered as good.. Not so poor family...

 Me and my bestie as my roomate.


The old woman who owns the house... She lived with her husband and her niece. The house is very empty when her husband and her niece went to forest and work..


I took quite a lot photos there! Here are some of it...






Oh yeah, the house I stayed in have a small shed where there's a cute little cow, sheeps, and chickens!




I also did some helping in cooking, and go to the forest to take woods...





And then we also visited our friends in other houses in that village! 
We had a fun and interesting experience there and it was memorable.


candid photo....




 Till next time.



::::: Clara Lee :::::






No comments:

Post a Comment