Saturday, July 27, 2013

Border Design for School Magazine "DOMINOS"

Back then in my high school in Jakarta, I was in the school magazine club. I was chosen in the design section. My task is to make borders for the articles inside the magazine. Every month the themes of the magazine varies. When it is August, usually the theme is about Indonesia because Indonesia's Independence Day falls on 17th August. So this is an example of my work with Indonesian culture theme.


NOTE: the pictures used in my borders may be taken from another source. The pictures used are not mine. They are taken from Google.

You can see in the bottom side of the border there are two wayangs. Wayang is one of Indonesia's heritage. There are different types of wayang, like wayang kulit, wayang golek, and wayang orang. I used wayang in the border because it symbolize the Indonesian culture and it's also unique.

These are also other designs with other themes, you can see all down below. Can you guess the themes?





1 comment:

  1. Hi, can I use the border on wayang for students' booklet?
    I'm teaching bahasa indonesia for foreign students. thanks

    ReplyDelete