Saturday, July 27, 2013

Kracie's Popin' Cookin' Sushi Kit : review



So yesterday I went to Bugis Street, and I found this place that sells Japanese and unique stuff, one of them is this. This is a kit for making sushi candy, it is safe to eat (edible). You can see the name in the post title. It is really easy to make and really fun. There are some series available like hamburger set, bento set, ice cream, and many more. But I was really interested in the sushi one so I decided to buy this. I have documented the making process in pictures shown below. You can see all the steps. 

 Firstly I made the rice candy first. Using some kind of powder, and then just add a bit of water and mix it together. When it is ready it will looks like the picture below.  

The rice is done!!

 The next step is to add the tamago candy powder (egg) and with the same way mix it with water
The red powder is supposed to be the salmon meat. The step is also the same as before.

 When it is done it should look like this. You need to leave it for a while first for the candy to be ready.

 And the next step is to make the tobiko (fish roe). Mix the powder with water like before, and drop it inside a special water that will turn liquid into solid. Just as simple as that it is done! Now all you have to do is decorate your sushi!


The size of the sushi candy. It's really small and cute. Inside one box you will get 6 sushi. 

Overall, I really enjoy making the sushi and eating it. It was really fun experience and the candy sushi also tastes good. It tastes like pineapple (I think) and grape. However it is quite pricey, I bought one box for $11.90 . But I definitely will buy some more in the future. I am really excited to try different candy set.

No comments:

Post a Comment