Saturday, July 27, 2013

First attempt using SAI: Origami Girl


Hi, as you can see from the title above.... This is my first work using SAI. I can say that I'm actually quite proud with this work. I feel that the result is quite nice.. However I feel that the shading is a bit wrong. I didn't have any lesson or course in how to color with SAI, so I learned it by myself from videos in YouTube .It's quite easy I think, but it takes quite a time to finish coloring all of them. 
This drawing is about a girl releasing an origami paper bird out from the window. It is just a random idea that pops out from my head. I love to draw and doodle a girl that's why most of my drawings are girls. This work was meant to be a portfolio, and it needs to be different types of work, like using watercolor, digital media, pastel, collage, and other. So I had an idea to try coloring a drawing using digital media such as SAI, because I've heard my friends said that this program is good. So that's why I learned to color using SAI from internet.


The picture below is a screenshot when the work was being done...  


You can comment or critique on what you think about this drawing, but please give me a good critique not bashing or mocking my work. I think that's all. Bye~

No comments:

Post a Comment