Saturday, September 7, 2013

It's not that complicated

Yesterday, I went to NAFA's Gallery. There's an exhibition being held there, lots of artworks from various Singapore art students mostly graduated and connected to NAFA. One of the artworks which is my favorite is this one. I think this is categorized in 3D object design. It is actually a swing, but not just a regular swing. It is designed to be connected with the lamp in the back of the swings. The lamp is designed to light when there's a movement in every swing. If you swing high enough the lamps will start to light and shows the message it wanted to express. It is actually written "It's not that complicated". 
I think the design is really unique and fun because it needs the participation of the viewers to catch the message it wanted to tell. So it's a lot of fun, and more, it is using swings. Who doesn't love swings??


By the way, this work is made by Joey Soh which is a full time lecturer in NAFA.  So cool right! I wonder if I will meet her in person someday... :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment